Terms & Conditions
To the our Homestay Guest
As you enter into a home stay setup you will be treated like one of the family member. We therefore ask you to adhere to home rules like most member of that family. The Technical Working Group has established the following home-stay guidelines that will make you feel at home away from home while at the same time learning and enjoying yourself.
The price per person has been agreed with the families is a fair price for their services (they will actually receive 70% and the other 30% will support the day to day running of this project). It is important that the families provide a good quality and friendly service in return for this payment and the payment is not seen as a hand-out. We do not want the local families to get into bad habits or grow lazy so it is important that the local families and visitors follow some basic rules.
- Fixed price. The cost of staying with a family is full board (consisting of one light lunch evening meal, bed and breakfast). Never leave tips or extra payments to the family, unless it is upon your own will and concent.
- Consultation – Always ask questions if you are not sure about something! It may take a few days to get to know each other.
- Do not bring strangers to the house without permission from the host family.
- Always inquire in advance from the home stay family before you bring a friend home. Ensure it is okay to do so and never forget to confirm the visiting hours with your host family.
- Always inform your host family the time you will be at home. This is because host families can get extremely worried about your safety.
- When ever you plan to eat outside, ensure you inform your host family at least 3 hours in advance and let them know that you will eat out.
- Find out when you can receive calls and for how long you can keep the phone busy.
- Consult with your host family upon arrival about how and when you can wash your laundry.
- Whenever you are sharing a bathroom with other members of the family, please find out the best time to have a shower and for how long. It is your responsibility to provide your own bathroom supplies such as towels, shampoo, body wash, toothpaste etc…
- Tidiness – You are responsible for keeping your room clean. You are expected to remove your plate and utensils from the table after meals. However, you are not required to do home chores such as baby sitting, gardening, house cleaning…etc
- Don’t forget to turn off the lights! In homes with TVs or radios ensure you turn them off when you are not using them.
- Ensure you are provided with quick access to emergency phone contacts to reach an ambulance or the police.
- It is recommended that you have medical insurance that covers any medical expenses that may happen during your home stay period.
- Neither the host family nor the Hub31 Management for Home-stay shall take any responsibility for your medical or emergency medical expenses.
- The Hub31 Management shall not assume any responsibility for any injuries you suffered while in the host family’s care. Please consider getting insurance that covers both health care and emergency medical.
- If any physical or verbal abuse occurs, the client shall be removed from the home immediately. The incident will be reported to the police and legal actions taken. (Applies to both the client or host family)
- If you have any concerns that you cannot discuss with your host family, please contact the Hub31 Management Representative soonest possible.
- If you accompany your host family on holidays, outings, or trips, you must pay for travel arrangements, admission tickets and personal expenses. The host family will pay for accommodation and food.
To our beloved homestay Host
As a host we would like you to take time and read through these steps and follow them thoroughly. Am afraid the family profile form is very long but we would prefer it that way so that we maintain a quality service.
Step 1 – Complete Registration Form;
Register here and an email will be sent to your email about the completed form from Hub31 Management. Follow the instructions in your mail to activate your account and priviledges.
Step 2 – Complete the Child Protection Form;
Get the Child Protection Form complete it and return it back to Hub31 management as stipulated in step one above.
Step 3 – Submit Approval Process;
Once the Hub31’s Management receives all of the relevant forms they will be checked and screened for approval. This process can take between 3 days to 1 week.
Step 4 – Home Visit;
Once approval is made, an arrangement for a home visit will be done to view the bedroom(s) available for the clients and the common areas of the home.
Step 5–Client Placement;
Once the home visit has been completed, the Hub31 Management team will look at placing a client with a home. This can take some time to ensure the best match between clients and hosts are got.
To All Our Partners and Clients
This agreement is made between HUB THIRTY ONE-HUB31(promoter), the customer and any accommodation/travel/car/truck provider. The Company, HUB THIRTY ONE whose registered office is situated at Red Elephant Bistro-Voi, Msa-Nrb Highway, Voi hereinafter called the Promoter represented by the C.E.O Mr. William Macharia Nguu who is an authorized signatory for the purpose of this agreement and partner- the accommodation/homestay/travel/car/truck provider hereinafter called the Agent
represented by you who is an authorized signatory of the company/accomodation/travel/car/truck owner for the purpose of this agreement.
1. SUBJECT OF THE AGREEMENT
1.1. The Parties hereby agree as follows:
The Agent is independent and his purpose is to buy services such as: book the accommodation services, book the sanatoriums and resort services, excursions and transport services from the Promoter.
2.1. DUTIES OF THE AGENT
2.1.2. To advertise the services of the Promoter at his expense.
2.1.2. Agent accepts such engagement and for the period herein specified agree to endeavor to find buyers for the accommodation, tours & travel services within its Territory. The Territory of the Agent shall not be limited.
2.1.3. To pay the Promoter for the agreed services after receiving the written confirmation in the appointed time (as per clause 4).
2.1.4. To pay the Promoter for the services according to its indicated rates but reduced by The Agent commission which is set on 10 % for offers directed for individual tourists (up to 9 persons) and / or reduced by The Agents commission which is set on 13 % for offers directed for tourist group (over 9 persons). The commission does not apply offers prepared on The Agent request only for detailed group, time and number of persons, what has to be presented with a net price for The Agent.
2.1.5. To notify the Promoter by call/SMS or by e- mail about a cancellation of booking made by client.
2.1.6. To notify the Promoter about claims made by the client within 15 days from the date after the termination of the service.
2.1.7. Not to use the Promoter advertisement and promotional materials and to advertise other tourist companies.
2.1.8. To provide the Promoter all the necessary documents concerning their cooperation.
2.1. DUTIES OF THE PROMOTER
2.2.1. To provide high quality services to the Agent.
2.2.2. To provide the Agent with materials, brochures and all necessary information concerning their services.
2.2.3. To notify the agent of any reservations as for using the Promoter and of any visa requirements before signing the agreement.
3. TERMS OF BOOKINGS
3.1. Booking requests shall be made by sending a complete Booking Form (in English) with full details of the client by e-mail or cell number.
3.2. All reservations are subject to availability. The Promoter is obliged to send a written confirmation or refusal according to the Agent within 48 hours of a previewed booking.
3.3. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the booking despite a written confirmation within 48 hours without giving a reason.
3.4. The Promoter regrets that if the payment is not received on time as per clause 4.1. may cancel the booking.
3.5. The Promoter reserves the right to alter the services which does not effect the standard and occupation. The Promoter will notify in writing and obtain binding acceptance of this change from the Agent about the changes before selling the travel services.
4. TERMS OF PAYMENT
4.1. The Promoter must receive 30% of all payment within seven (7) days after sending the written confirmation of booking the 70% balance will be forward to the Promoter at least 14 days before the arrival date.
4.2. To book Last Minute tours the Agent shall pay the whole amount at least 3 days before the beginning of the tour. The agent shall send a proof of payment by email to the Promoter to confirm this booking.
4.3. In case the Promoter is not getting the agreed amount from the Agent his clients lose the right and can not use the services.
4.4. When making the payment The Agent shall indicate the particular services he wants to pay for.
4.5. The Agent is obliged to pay fine of 0.2% of the total agreed amount per day for the delay in payment.
5. LIABILITY AND CHARGES
5.1. The Agent must accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name oraccount.
5.2. If the Agent cancels the reservation the Promoter has to apply the following cancellation rules:
- 30- 16 days before arrival date – 30 % loss of the total price of the services.
- 15- 8 days before arrival date – 50 % loss of the total price of the services.
- 7- 3 days before arrival date – 90 % loss of the total price of the services.
- less than 3 day before arrival date – 100 % of the total price of the services.
5.3. When Agent cancel any reservation commission for this reservation does not take effect.
5.4. The Promoter can apply additional charges to the Agent prior to selling the travel services.
6. HIGHER FORCES
6.1. In the case of partial or complete breech of contract, caused by unforeseeable events such as fire, war, natural disaster, or any other acts of God, as well as legal actions taken by the state, which may have an impact on the fulfillment of the contract the parties are not responsible for this agreement.
6.2. In the event of unforeseen forces the Promoter reimburse all the funds except for its actual expenses incurred till the moment they has occurred.
6.3. The Party which is unable to fulfill its responsibilities because of the unforeseen forces is obliged to inform the other party immediately but not later than 3 days from the moment the unforeseen forces has occurred. Failure to inform the other Party about the unforeseen forces the agreement shall remain in full forces and effect it does not release the liabilities for this agreement.
7. DURATION AND TERMINATION
7.1. This agreement comes into force on the date above.
7.2. This agreement is initially made for 1 year.
7.3. Either party can notify in writing the other at least 3 month notice that they do not want to continue.
7.3. Either party can terminate this agreement with immediate effect when:
7.3.1. The other party hasn’t fulfilled the duties of the agreement.
7.3.2. The party falls short of payment after 30 days.
7.3.3. One party has no means of payment or is declared bankrupt.
7.4. Termination. In the event of sudden termination of this agreement under this or any other provision of this agreement, there shall be no liability of any party to this Agreement, all financial means will be credited to the Promoter.
8. LEGAL JURISDICTION AND GOVERNING LAW
8. 1. Alternations to this agreement have to be made in writing and signed by both parities to become valid. No oral supplementary agreement is valid.
8.2. This Agreement shall be governed, construed, interpreted, and enforced in accordance with the Kenyan Laws.
8.3. Any dispute or matters which arise between the Agent and The Promoter will be dealt by the Court of Law.
9.1. Both contractual parties confirm that they have received a written copy of this agreement in English.